Opportunities for students
How do we achieve universal access to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene by 2030?
The focus of this challenge is not limited to providing equitable basic sanitation and hygiene facilities but to also creating a sustainable ecosystem that ensures, year after year, continuous development and increasing awareness. Reckitt believes social business has a powerful role to play in solving the world’s greatest problems, where investment lives over and over again through income generating models that make solutions truly sustainable and long term. Through this, Reckitt wants to work as a catalyst, supporting pioneering solutions to scale.
Reckitt is proud to have supported the Lead2030 SDG6 challenge since 2019, working in partnership with 3 outstanding social entrepreneurs with innovative approaches to tackling SDG6. Reckitt wants to continue to build on this success in 2023, by supporting innovations that create measurable impact by enabling access to clean water, sanitation or hygiene, and are particularly interested in innovations with a focus on children or women/girls.
Whilst Reckitt are interested to receive applications that target at a wide range of areas within WASH, there is a particularly interest in hearing about innovations that do either of the following:
- Make innovative use of digital technology to reach more people and enable access to water, sanitation, and hygiene on a wide scale
- Promote good hand hygiene practices amongst underserved communities
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG6 challenge.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023.
- A US$50,000 grant from Reckitt.
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Reckitt professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation.
Deadline: 17 April 2023
“Premio Ejército del Perú estímulo a la Investigacion, Desarrollo e Innovación en Ciencia y Tecnología AF- 2023”
The purpose of this call is to stimulate creativity, ingenuity and an inventive spirit to find solutions to the problems of material and equipment needs in the Army; and especially to technological development; which will contribute to reduce technological dependence through products, technologies or institutional inventions.
- Weapons and ammunition system.
- Sensors and electronic systems.
- Technologies common to bases and facilities, platforms and combatant.
- Bases and facilities.
- Land platforms.
- Aerial platforms.
- CBRN (nuclear, radiological, biological and chemical).
- Information and communication technologies ICT’s.
Access to the guidelines and registration form here.
Reception of research projects: from April 3 to October 13, 2023.
Concurso de proyectos “Joven Ingeniero CIP” 2da Edición
The contest has the purpose of promoting the development of projects that generate positive changes in engineering in general, through sustainability, within the framework of the SDGs through the use of innovation, use of new technologies, entrepreneurship and creativity. in the young engineers of Peru, recognizing their work and promoting the development of multidisciplinary professionals.
- Director: (1 person only) Qualified collegiate engineer (up to 35 years of age).
- Collaborators: (4 people maximum) Students, engineers and professionals from various specialties, including non-engineers (up to 35 years of age).
*Being the conformation of the team of 5 people maximum.
The award ceremony will be carried out in a hybrid manner, where the main CIP authorities will participate and where the winners will present their work. Awards and recognitions will be forwarded to the team manager.
Prizes by category:
- 1st place: Recognition trophy + 3,000 Soles
- 2nd place: Recognition trophy + 1,000 Soles
- 3rd place: Recognition trophy + 500 Soles
- Honorable Mentions: Certificate of Recognition
Deadline: April 30
Read the guidelines here.
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED)
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program inspires the next generation of innovators and thinkers to create a sustainable future. Our scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development.
Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. Our one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
Applications for the 2023 edition are now open.
Submit your application by April 7, 2023 at 5 pm ET.
Read the full requirements and apply here.
Real Life Experience (RLE) Scholarship Research-Applications open
1.Objective: Provide financial support to outstanding undergraduate students for the development of their research projects at the University.
2. Scope: This fund is used to cover the fees of the pre-professional practitioner during their work on the RLE course.
3. Funding: For the 2023-I academic period, up to five (05) scholarships of S/. 4,600.00 each to cover the stipend granted to the student at all costs.
4. Deadline for the submission of proposals: March 13, 2023
Read the guidelines here.
Any questions about this funding opportunity should be directed to the Research Department by writing to email@example.com. Indicate “RLE Research Scholarship 2023-I” in the subject of the email.
Provost Scholarship for undergraduate research 2023-1-Applications open
1. Objective: Provide financial support to outstanding undergraduate students for the development of their research projects at the University.
2. Scope: This fund can be used to finance new or ongoing research projects. It can cover expenses associated with materials and consumables, costs of scientific publications and/or participation in scientific meetings, or any other requirement related to the student’s research activities.
3. Funding: For the 2023-1 academic period, up to (05) scholarships of S/ 5000 each will be awarded to finance the Final Degree Project (PFC) or other research activity.
4. Deadline: March 22, 2023.
You can read the guidelines here.
Any questions about this funding opportunity should be directed to the Research Department by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Provost Scholarship 2023-1” in the subject of the email.
Funding for student attendance at scientific events-Applications closed
1.Objective: Provide financial support to UTEC undergraduate and graduate students so that they can present their scientific work at national and international conferences and/or competitions.
2. Expected results: Presentation of an impactful scientific paper at a national or international conference or competition and, if applicable, publish the scientific paper in the conference proceedings (conferences whose proceedings are indexed in the Scopus database are favored).
3.Amount and scope: Funding for up to S/ 10,000.00 will be granted to selected proposals. The financing must be used to cover expenses related to the student’s participation in the conference or scientific event, such as payment of registration or registration, tickets, per diem, among others.
The nature of this program is “open window”. That is, as applications are received, they are evaluated and funding is granted to the proposal(s) that meet the indicated requirements. Applications will be received up to the total allocation of available funds from this call.
Read the guidelines here.
Any query regarding the rules or the contest in general should be sent to the following address: email@example.com.
This program is closed, we are no longer accepting applications for 2023.
Georg Forster Research Fellowship for researchers from developing and transition countries
Attention, researchers from developing and transition countries! The Georg Forster Research Fellowship supports you – postdoctoral and experienced researchers – with your research in Germany.
Through the Georg Forster Research Fellowship, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation sponsors researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. These researches must come from developing and transition countries – excluding PR China and India (see list of countries, PDF). As a fellow, you will benefit from individual support from the Humboldt Foundation and our diverse sponsorship portfolio.
What we offer?
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship enables you to conduct your own research at various stages of your career in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of your choice. Hosts may apply for a subsidy for research costs.
You must meet the following criteria:
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship is exclusively for post-doctoral researchers with above-average qualifications from developing or transition countries. Your research must address questions relevant to the further development of your region of origin, regardless of your field.
Deadlines: The Selection Committee responsible for reviewing applications to this programme meets every February, June and October. Please send your completed application form, including any additional documents required, well in advance of the desired selection date. Applications are usually processed within four to eight months. Incomplete or inaccurate applications take longer to process and often have to be postponed to a later Selection Committee meeting.
Please enter the official webpage for more information and how to apply.
Curtin University PhD Scholarships
- 2020 Civil and Structural Engineering PhD Scholarship – Deadline: Dec 31, 2024
- Civil and Structural Engineering PhD Scholarship – Applications accepted at any time
- CSIRO Curtin University Digital Agriculture Scholarships – Applications accepted at any time