Opportunities for students
TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India and UNESCO-TWAS have established a number of fellowships for foreign scholars from developing countries, who wish to pursue research toward a PhD in emerging areas of science and technology, for which facilities are available in CSIR laboratories and institutes.
Opening date of this fellowship:15 April 2023
Closing date of this fellowship: 15 September 2023
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call. Keeping in mind that only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
- TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a maximum period of four years.
- Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country, or may enrol in a PhD course at any University in India.
- Eligible CSIR institutions: Information on CSIR laboratories and institutes can be obtained by following the links from the CSIR homepage (www.csir.res.in). Alternatively, a list of eligible institutes is available here.
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided by the host institute, but no greater than 3 years.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD): The Fellowship may be granted for up to a maximum duration of 4 years.
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
- The language of instruction for foreign scholars in CSIR laboratories/institutes is English.
“Premio Ejército del Perú estímulo a la Investigacion, Desarrollo e Innovación en Ciencia y Tecnología AF- 2023”
The purpose of this call is to stimulate creativity, ingenuity and an inventive spirit to find solutions to the problems of material and equipment needs in the Army; and especially to technological development; which will contribute to reduce technological dependence through products, technologies or institutional inventions.
- Weapons and ammunition system.
- Sensors and electronic systems.
- Technologies common to bases and facilities, platforms and combatant.
- Bases and facilities.
- Land platforms.
- Aerial platforms.
- CBRN (nuclear, radiological, biological and chemical).
- Information and communication technologies ICT’s.
Access to the guidelines and registration form here.
Reception of research projects: from April 3 to October 13, 2023.
Funding for student attendance at scientific events-Applications closed
1.Objective: Provide financial support to UTEC undergraduate and graduate students so that they can present their scientific work at national and international conferences and/or competitions.
2. Expected results: Presentation of an impactful scientific paper at a national or international conference or competition and, if applicable, publish the scientific paper in the conference proceedings (conferences whose proceedings are indexed in the Scopus database are favored).
3.Amount and scope: Funding for up to S/ 10,000.00 will be granted to selected proposals. The financing must be used to cover expenses related to the student’s participation in the conference or scientific event, such as payment of registration or registration, tickets, per diem, among others.
The nature of this program is “open window”. That is, as applications are received, they are evaluated and funding is granted to the proposal(s) that meet the indicated requirements. Applications will be received up to the total allocation of available funds from this call.
Read the guidelines here.
Any query regarding the rules or the contest in general should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is closed, we are no longer accepting applications for 2023.
Georg Forster Research Fellowship for researchers from developing and transition countries
Attention, researchers from developing and transition countries! The Georg Forster Research Fellowship supports you – postdoctoral and experienced researchers – with your research in Germany.
Through the Georg Forster Research Fellowship, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation sponsors researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. These researches must come from developing and transition countries – excluding PR China and India (see list of countries, PDF). As a fellow, you will benefit from individual support from the Humboldt Foundation and our diverse sponsorship portfolio.
What we offer?
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship enables you to conduct your own research at various stages of your career in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of your choice. Hosts may apply for a subsidy for research costs.
You must meet the following criteria:
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship is exclusively for post-doctoral researchers with above-average qualifications from developing or transition countries. Your research must address questions relevant to the further development of your region of origin, regardless of your field.
Deadlines: The Selection Committee responsible for reviewing applications to this programme meets every February, June and October. Please send your completed application form, including any additional documents required, well in advance of the desired selection date. Applications are usually processed within four to eight months. Incomplete or inaccurate applications take longer to process and often have to be postponed to a later Selection Committee meeting.
Please enter the official webpage for more information and how to apply.
Curtin University PhD Scholarships
- 2020 Civil and Structural Engineering PhD Scholarship – Deadline: Dec 31, 2024
- Civil and Structural Engineering PhD Scholarship – Applications accepted at any time
- CSIRO Curtin University Digital Agriculture Scholarships – Applications accepted at any time