Smart Fellowships – March 2024
The programme promotes the mobility of researchers between ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in technologies available in the receiving laboratory and increasing bilateral cooperation in science and technology, and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories.
Applicants should focus on the impact for the fellow’s career, the benefit to the applicant’s home laboratory and the suitability of the receiving laboratory.
Applications are welcome in any area of the Life Sciences.
Closing Dates for Applications: 31 MARCH 2024
International Climate Protection Fellowship
Fellowship for prospective leaders and postdocs
Are you working academically or practically in climate protection or climate-relevant resource conservation in your home country – a non-European developing or transition country? Then we invite you to apply for an International Climate Protection Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
If you are a prospective leader you will do a one-year research-related project in Germany as part of your fellowship; if you are a postdoc, long-term academic research (12-24 months). It should focus on combating climate change, adaptation strategies, preserving ecosystems and biodiversity, or on the sustainable use of the seas and oceans. Sustainability topics relating to natural resources, resource-efficient consumption or urban development are also welcome.
Deadline: The closing date for the current application round is 1 February 2024.
Read the full requirements here.
Programa Paulo Freire +
The application period for Paulo Freire + PhD scholarships is now open. 2 scholarships are announced with the Rey Juan Carlos University (URJC) and 2 scholarships for other Ibero-American universities.
1 Paulo Freire Plus Junior scholarship and 1 Paulo Freire Plus Senior scholarship.
For doctorates in
the Rey Juan Carlos University (URJC) in Sciences; Health Sciences; Social and Legal Sciences; Conservation of Natural Resources; Interdisciplinary Gender Studies; Epidemiology and Public Health; Humanities (Language and Culture); Information technology and communications; Industrial, Chemical, Environmental, Energy, Electronic, Mechanical and Material Technologies; Hydrology and Management of Water Resources; and Tourism.
from June 9 to August 31, 2023 at 12:00 PM in Spain.
For more information visit the official webpage.
Wellcome Early-Career Awards
This scheme provides funding for early-career researchers from any discipline who are ready to develop their research identity. Through innovative projects, they will deliver shifts in understanding that could improve human life, health and wellbeing. By the end of the award, they will be ready to lead their own independent research programme.
- Where your host organisation is based: UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- or middle-income countries (apart from India and mainland China)
- Level of funding: Your salary and up to £400,000 for research expenses. If eligible, you may also request additional funding for overseas allowances and overheads.
- Duration of funding: Usually 5 years, but may be less for some disciplines, and may only be longer if held on a part-time basis.
Application deadline: 21 May 2024, 17:00 GMT
Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships
Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships provide a framework for established academics with an international reputation to pursue their research at the EUI.
Fellowships last for up to ten months in one of the EUI’s four Departments which in turn invite fellows to participate in departmental activities (seminars, workshops, colloquia, etc.).
Fellows are encouraged to make contact with researchers sharing their academic interests, may be involved in the teaching and thesis supervision tasks of EUI professors, and associated with one of the research projects being carried out at the EUI.
There are two annual deadlines for applications – 30 March and/or 30 September
- Department of Economics: considers applications for the 30 March and the 30 September deadline.
- Department of Law: considers applications only for the 30 March deadline for fellowships during the following academic year (September to June). While longer stays than 3 months are welcomed, the department normally funds fellows only for one/two months, but provides office space and full library privileges for the entire duration of stay.
- Department of History and Civilisation: considers applications only for the 30 September deadline for fellowships during the following academic year (September to June). While longer stays than 3 months are welcome, the department normally funds fellows only up to 3 months, but provides office space and full library privileges for the entire duration of stay.
- Department of Political and Social Sciences: considers applications only for the 30 September deadline for fellowships during the following academic year (September to June). While longer stays than 3 months are welcomed and desired, the department normally funds fellows only for 3 months, but provides office space and full library privileges for the entire duration of stay.
Scholarships for master programmes (ICP Connect)
Candidates that meet the following criteria may apply for an ICP Connect scholarship:
- Nationality and country of residence: Candidates’ must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of one of these countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application.
- Age: candidates’ age on January 1 of the year of intake must be no higher than 35 for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master.
- Professional background and experience: Preference will be given to candidates employed in higher education, government or civil society, or those targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates with no work experience may also be considered if they provide a strong motivation and profile.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year.
- Previously awarded scholarships: Candidates may not have previously received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study programme and may not have enrolled in a study programme at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1 of the year of intake.
Confirm your eligibility based on all given criteria in the official webpage.
Georg Forster Research Fellowship for researchers from developing and transition countries
Attention, researchers from developing and transition countries! The Georg Forster Research Fellowship supports you – postdoctoral and experienced researchers – with your research in Germany.
Through the Georg Forster Research Fellowship, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation sponsors researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. These researches must come from developing and transition countries – excluding PR China and India (see list of countries, PDF). As a fellow, you will benefit from individual support from the Humboldt Foundation and our diverse sponsorship portfolio.
What we offer?
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship enables you to conduct your own research at various stages of your career in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of your choice. Hosts may apply for a subsidy for research costs.
You must meet the following criteria:
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship is exclusively for post-doctoral researchers with above-average qualifications from developing or transition countries. Your research must address questions relevant to the further development of your region of origin, regardless of your field.
Deadlines: The Selection Committee responsible for reviewing applications to this programme meets every February, June and October. Please send your completed application form, including any additional documents required, well in advance of the desired selection date. Applications are usually processed within four to eight months. Incomplete or inaccurate applications take longer to process and often have to be postponed to a later Selection Committee meeting.
Please enter the official webpage for more information and how to apply.